When we got back from our camping trip, I was exhausted. We really got off easy. The only sunburns were my husband and I on our noses. The hundreds of mosquito bites seem to have healed. (I’ve never seen a mosquito with a half-dollar size wingspan before. WOW!) No one came home any worse for the unsanitary lack-of-proper-toilet conditions.
- All the laundry is caught up.
- One of the tents still needs to be unpacked and repacked as it is in three parts instead of the original one bag.
- I need to clean out one of the coolers still and get it back to its owner.
- The formerly clean van needs to be re-cleaned and vacuumed to rid it of trip debris.
- I need to put away the bags we used for clothing as they are sitting empty on my floor right now.
I need a vacation since coming home on our trip!
Anyway, we’ve since restarted summer school, gotten to the pool (which is thankfully still open), pulled just about everything out of the garden because the plants were either done producing or the produce was being eaten by insects/worms/etc., and had a very productive local homeschool group planning meeting for the first half of the upcoming school year.
Back to the grind! Other upcoming posts may include something on how my planning is going for this school year, how this school year will be different from my others so far, and wrapping up summer school with how our new curriculum choices have fared with my kids.